Monday, January 11, 2010

Your Thai Rice and Noodle Bar

Address:  255 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Phone: +61 03 9663 8010‎

I have been few times at the Your Thai Restaurant and this evening it wasn't even my first choice because I was looking for a new place to explore. Lately, I have been preferring Ghin Khao for Thai. Anyways, this time since it was a long time I was not going there I stopped by to have a dinner with my friend Sharlini that I discovered visiting her aunt in Melbourne.

I have always come out satisfied from Your Thai and this time it has not been different. The place is really colorful: not classy but with a lot of energy and freshness. The walls are painted orange and light green and you never have to wait for a long time to get served. Among the plethora of different dishes and combos available we got two chicken dishes:

- Crispy Chicken
- Lemongrass Chicken Rice
- Ice Blended Coffee
- and Sparkling water with ice..... (yeah today was very hot... around 43 degrees...)

We did not have to wait long for getting served and the portion were quite decent in terms of quantity. The presentation was good as well and the taste definitely ok. The crispy chicken came with a tomato flavored cup of rice and a fried egg on top along with some stick cut veggies. Sharlini was in charge of that order, while I was working at the Lemongrass chicken sided by a cup of rice and some stick veggies. During the dinner we all the time for chatting and getting brief each other about we did in the last two years... the place was lively but not so noisy where you cannot have a nice talk..

Once the dinner was over... we payed the bill and went out for a stroll near the Yarra river at Southgate... oh.... well the price? less than 25 dollars for everything that is a very good deal considered the quantity and the quality of the food... the only flaw I can reckon is that they do not accept debit card but only cash...... :(

I will definitely go back again for a quick easy and nice dinner with a friend.

1 comment:

Sharlini said...

Your photos certainly look better than mine, Christian! Thank you for the dinner that evening, I enjoyed your company and the food. =) I still prefer your food though. That pizza. YUM!!!