Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nasi Lemak House

Address: 113 Grattan St., 3053 Carlton, Victoria, Australia

Well we dropped by this place me and my friend Mukaddim at late Friday evening to try some Malaysian food. I passed by that place many times before and it was almost empty but anyways my friend told me that there was good food then entered and had dinner. The place is really peculiar as its name tells: house. ... and it is really a house! which has been turned into a bar restaurant, that is kinda weird because it makes you feel as there if you were at your own home or in a hostel. The place looks familiar but it is very essential and the style is rather poor... but obviously this is not the first reason why we went there... then... pass on.
Let's move to the menu... they have attached to the wall a the list different dishes available and prepare on demand each course. I got rice with peanuts and egg... well I do not remember really well the name... it wasn't really bad but the roasted peanuts gave a strange flavor to the whole plate.... I really think I missed to one to get... while the plate of my friend seemed a little bit more interesting: it was basically rice with soja and additional dressing and the whole covered with a fried egg (see the picture.. on the background). I had a try of it and it was definitely better than mine.
So as a final thought about this place... if you wanna quick food and spend very low price (we spent 10 bucks each and the food was really abundant..) go there... but it is not one of the bast places I've tried.

No comments: