Saturday, May 24, 2008

Papa Gino's

Address: 221 Lygon St, 3053 Carlton, Melbourne, Victroria, Australia
Web site: http://www.papaginos.com.au/index.html
Phone: +61 03 9347 5758

We came there yesterday Me, a colleague, and my supervisor Michael. We were uncertain about the place to stop so we went looking in Lygon and stopped at Papa Gino's. The name and the website suggest that this place is run by Italians... Well I cannot say, but they service Italian food.
It's the first time I stop eating in a supposed to be Italian restaurant... because I generally prefer to try different kind of food here.... but I will also have to try this to see how is it.
Papa Gino's has a full menu of Italian dishes and it also features pizzas. I decided to go for the pasta and I had meat ravioli with tuna sauce as a cream on it. This was a really weird decision because it si definitely not Italian in the combination of the flavor.... but anyways it was my choice and not the proposal of the restaurant: for pastas they allow you to combine the kind of pasta that you want with any other sauce that they offer... another interesting but strange thing.
My supervisor got a pizza, and my colleague pasta Carbonara.
The food tasted good even with my awkward combination. The ravioli were nice, the tuna sauce tasted really good, and the dish was generous... Its presentation was also nice. Even my colleagues were pretty satisfied... well I have to say I've never seen a Carbonara made with ham instead of bacon..... but anyways.
The price? not really expensive as you can see from their on-line menu.

No comments: