Saturday, April 26, 2008

Enoteca Oggi

Address: 237 Lygon St, Carlton 3053, Melbourne
Phone: +61 03 9349 5500

I got to this place after I was hanging around Lygon St. late in the morning - as usual on Saturdays and Sundays - and looking for a breakfast after noon. I found this place that was not really attractive from outside: there were only few chairs and some tables outside... but man, they serve you breakfast till 3 pm! Then I said, ok let's try it and get inside.

At first I suddenly noticed the difference between the inside and the outside, the internal room is tidy, clean, and comfortable. After I took seat the waiter soon me brought the menu and gave me a glass of water while kindly attending for my order. I had a quick look at the breakfast menu (yeas the place is also a restaurant) and finally I decided to go for poached eggs, tomato, sausage, and bacon along with a cappuccino. And I really think I made the right choice.

The food was fantastic the eggs were beautiful and the boiled tomato was something I never tried and was a delightful surprise. The service was quick, the place nice, and waiters ok! I truly recommend this place....

oh... price? in line with the other cafés/restaurant: 14 bucks the egg stuff and 3.20 AUD the cappuccino.

No comments: