Saturday, April 26, 2008

University Café

Address: 257 Lygon St, Carlton, Melbourne
Phone: +61 03 9347 2142
E-mail: bookings@unicafe.com.au

This is one of the most crowded places in Lygon St. At any time you pass by in the morning there is a lot of people on the dehor, and the more you get near noon the more time you have to wait for finding a seat outside. But if you are fine to stay in the inside... well there's generally room for you. The place is really big - one of the biggest I've been so far - and also has some space at the first floor. There are many waiters working and you get served pretty quickly...
This time I went for the Eggs Benedict: fried eggs (two) with tomato, spinach, and salmon along with a cappuccino as usual... It was the first time I tried Eggs Benedict, so I cannot really tell if they were really made properly or not.. but I really enjoyed them.... The service was moderately quick and good. While I was waiting I saw a couple with a baby sitting for lunch and the waitress soon brought to them the special chair for babies..... . The only point against the place is that it took me a while to get my change back but the place was really busy.
Price? The Benedict Eggs where about 13 Bucks and the cappuccino 3.20 as almost everywhere around in Lygon St.

No comments: