Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Zingarella

Address: 189 Lygon St, Carlton 3053, Melbourne
Phone/Fax: +61 03 93481414
Email: zingarella@optusnet.com.au

I dropped by this place really late in the morning today.. I was looking for a place where they still serve breakfast at noon and I stopped at Zinagarella. The place is located near the corner between Grattan St and Lygon St... in the heart of Melbourne's Little Italy. Zingarella opened only last year in May and it is run by two Italians which have 20 years of cooking experience and worked in many Melbourne restaurants before opening their own restaurant.

Since it was morning (well actually not... but for me... still..) I ordered the Zingarella breakfast, which basically is eggs (fried | pouched | scrambled) with bacon, sausages, tomatoes, spinaches, and mush rooms accompanied with bread, and a cappuccino. When I got served the dish was really inviting and well prepared, spinaches were fresh, probably cooked with some butter and made them very smooth and good. The sausages were well cooked and the 2 slices of tomato were not bad. I was really full after finishing breakfast and I can consider myself satisfied with the meal. Oh yes... what about the Cappuccino? well I think the ones i got in other Lygon restaurants were better (Street Café and Stuzzichino).. but this is just a little negative note to the place which makes really well prepared courses (I got really impressed by some dishes that were passing by me and were directed to other tables.... :P)

What about the service? You got served at the table, there were only two waitresees, and the place was medium crowded... It took a while to get seved but to be frank it wasn't really a long waiting time...

Price? 17.20 dollars: the Cappuccino was 3.20 AUD and the Zingarella breakfast 14 AUD. Inwould say in range with all the other similar places I tried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this place! The hosts are great, the service is good and the food is all home-made! The atmosphere is just beautiful. A total "GO!"!

Anonymous said...

Ate there last night for dinner and was served up (two hours after ordering) THE most bland and tasteless Veal Scallopini on mushroom risotto that I have ever had the misfortune of eating.
When I asked the waitress to relay my feedback to the chef I was told, "We can't really tell them anything bad or we get our heads bitten off!"